Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Being a worship leader

I love worshipping God. When I hear a piano being played, my heart pounds.My eyes get popped out and look out for some opportunity to sing a song which I know will touch God's heart.
In Church Services a worship leader plays a major role in invoking God's presence. A person far away from Christ when He feels the presence of God as the worship songs are sung, commits to Jesus. Healings and deliverance takes place when a worship leader inspires the congregation to SING IT OUT and SPEAK IT OUT.

As worship leaders we should have a constant thirst and hunger for His presence.Only when we are drenched in His presence can we radiate His glory and power.
Many worship leaders have forgotten their call.They get busy in their wordly commitments and forget the House of God.

Sadly these days I have seen many worship leaders involved in "Self projection". They just take it as a SUNDAY SHOW OFF. They try their best to have a "different" beard and then a different COSTUME. Try almost aligning their style to a secular mode, Some tips to be what God has called you to be as a worship leader.

1.A worship leader is strongly planted and rooted in the Church He belongs
2.A worship leader raises up Musicians and leads his team first into worship.
3.A worship leader will have a "consistent" walk with God.
4.He doesnt envy others , but observes and implements best practices
5,He is not a "crowd pleaser" but a "Christ pleaser"
6.He is a quick learner and an active learner.He learns and tries writing new songs..
7. He sets the platform for God's word to be spoken in power
8. A worship leader should tap into the PASTOR's vision and should be the best person the PASTOR can trust in

I love leading worships,I love people experiencing His life changing presenceIf you are a worship leader, I pray that God's fresh anointing will fall on you and you will bless many with His presence.

No comments:

Following me