Search This Blog

Friday, April 11, 2008

Ashes-Catch up with your Vision!!

In Exodus 24 we read of Moses and some elders of Israel being called by God to meet Him. A divine appointment!!Do not forget the times when our Spirit is heavy, the hearts are troubled and longing for God, it’s all a sign of divine appointment!!

We read that they saw a glimpse of God after which the elders “sat to eat and drink” but Moses continued to be in His presence.

The  vision we catch up with will be revealed in our acts.

The extent to which we acknowledge God, the way in which we “take Him for granted”, all reveals what is the vision we have of God.

Moses carried the presence of God so much that it was revealed in His face, but the elders like abihu “sat to eat and drink”.

 Moses sat in God’s presence for 40 days and 40 nights. I can’t imagine of such a situation in our “modern busy world”. Forget 40 days, what about one day, just sitting in His presence, hearing His word??Forgetting everything else??

A Moses with a correct VISION will have good discretion and direction, but distorted vision of the “elders” caused Division and destruction.

 

Let’s see Martha and Mary. Jesus their friend and Lord was in their House, but their responses were different. The extent to which both saw the Lord was different. Martha was too busy in “activities”. She just then lost sight and grumbled to the Lord. She was anxious. Many a time we fall in anxious heavy situations because of a wrong vision or a distorted vision of the Lord. Mary knew that no one else will get this UNIQUE opportunity. Out of all the other families, Jesus visited them. She just wanted to sit at His blessed Feet and the Lord commended Mary’s attitude that IT SHALL NOT BE TAKEN AWAY FROM HER. Vision of Mary and Martha was different, the extent to which they saw and knew the Lord was different and we read the difference in the peace and power they possessed.

 

Two criminals were hanged on the either side of the Cross of Christ. One started reviling Him and questioning His credentials. He said “If you are Christ Save yourself and us”. The other man looked straight to TEAR STAINED EYES of Jesus and said “Lord when you come in your kingdom remember me, We suffer for what we have done”. The difference in vision made a huge difference to their destiny.

One doubted and questioned, the other confessed and believed. Child of God, what is the vision you have of your GOD.Is it corrupted,dim,distorted??or is it becoming more clear to you??

Ask Him to reveal more of Him to you. The Hymn writer sings “be thou my vision o Lord of my heart

 

 

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

 

 

Thanks and With Best Regards

Ashley Benjamin

Infosys Technologies,

Bangalore

Mob:9900427670

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I definitely love how it’s easy on my eyes and also the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which need to do the trick! Have a nice day!

Following me