Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Ashes: September 2008-The Lord who watches over us!!

 

 

The Lord our watcher

 

Children of God,what a start to this month.Hundreds homeless and shattered in Bihar due to floods and many escaping to jungles in Orissa and living in fear because of the communal riots and persecution.The Lord reminded me in my time of meditation that He is our watcher.We are not people who have are orphans,we are not without a protection.His children is His possession and he watches over us.What a consolation is the word of God.David also as he wrote Psalm 121 was living in catastrophic times like we are in.Lets see some qualities of our God who watches over us.let me put it in simple terms for us to understand

 

1)ALL time protection

He will not let your foot slip—
       he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
       will neither slumber nor sleep.

 

There is never a moment that He slumbers or sleeps.Imagine if the Lord closes his eyes for a second what a calamity we all will face.As a small baby crawling on the ground is under the watchful care of the mama,more intensely,more effectively ,more passionately He takes care of you and me.Cant we have a praise break here.For all those innocent in Orissa I believe they are under His watchful eyes.Thank you Lord that you never sleep nor slumber and you always watch over me

 

1)All Round protection

By all round protection I mean He encircles and protect us.In this Psalm we read that

5the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

 6 the sun will not harm you by day,
       nor the moon by night.

More closer than how the sun rays hit you is His invisible layer of protection around you.The Moon or sun,the cosmic elements not within our reach they cannot harm you,because you are His child and you are encircled by His presence and power.

Zechariah 2:5
And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,' declares the LORD, 'and I will be its glory within

 

3.All Life protection

 

The LORD will keep you from all harm—
       he will watch over your life;  
8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
       both now and forevermore

All through your life ,all your life He protects you!!

He will not neglect your life.He protects your life as a whole your coming and going,your life is precious to Him and He watches over you.Be confident,be assured and thank Him for He is our watcher.

 

Lets pray

Father we thank you for the new month you have given us in your mercy.Times are in your hands and we are also in thy hands.For whatever purpose you caused us to see September let that come to pass.We need you so much Lord.Thank you for reassuring that you watch over us every moment,every way and all our life.Father if at all anyone is sick raise them up,encourage every discouraged soul,anxious fearlful ,weak one I place them to thy hands.Let thy Spirit of liberty and power descend on them and revive them .Lord God they have read thy word.Now work in their lives I pray.Prepare us to be a sanctuary pure and Holy unto you.

 

Protect us from evil and we once again come back to thee,Help us to pray like never  before,serve thee like we never before,love thee like never before.

We praise you..Hallelujah..In Christ’s precious name

Amen

 

Sing with faith this song

Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Refrain

I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

Verse 2

"Let not your heart be troubled," His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Verse 3

Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

alternative Verse 1

Why should I feel discouraged,Wherefore do I weep at knowing the joy, the warmth, at feeling the the peace the fire

 

Maranatha!!

Thanks and With Best Regards

Ashley Benjamin

Infosys Technologies,

Bangalore

Mob:9900427670

 

No comments:

Following me